Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Latest Finished Quilt.



The label



closeup of the quilt.


The Quilt.












Sport Quilt 

For as long as I can remember, our son Al has talked about his good friend Murray, a sports journalist who retired recently due to illness. Al has often kept me up to date on Murray's health issues.
In September 2010, Bill and I went to Calgary to visit Al and his family. I mention I had some quilt blocks left over from Joe Hawryluik’s quilt. Jeanne, Al's wife, suggested I use them to make a quilt for Murray. I was extremely happy to do that. 
The fabrics in this quilt came from Canada and the States. I bought the curling fabric off E-Bay, USA, the baseball fabric from our quilt shop, The Quilters Stash, the hockey fabric from Fabricland, basketball from Hancock, Duluth, Mn., with one border, binding and backing from WalMart.
Wendy Currie quilted footballs with a pantograph on her long arm. 
Al told me the Saskatchewan Roughriders are Murray's favourite football team so I made a label using their logo and stadium photo.
I want this quilt to be bright and cheerful in the hope it will keep Murray’s sprits up and so that he knows many people love him. 



Maria helped me applique the footballs in each corner

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely the sweetest. I am sure Murray is going to love this quilt as much as Matthew did his! I kind of warms you heart to bring such joy to people doesn't it! :-)

    ReplyDelete