Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time Goes By So Quickly

March 7, 2011.

My apologies for a quiet blog for the last little while. I have been busy with Bill’s appointments, my sister and her son fighting cancer, and my two wonderful days at Maria and Karen’s quilt retreat. Maria and I signed up for Aunt Pitty Pat’s sewing accessories swap and 2 Easter Mug Rug swaps. Regretfully there has been no blogging time.
In December Nicole suggested I check out this site, > www.quiltdad.com <, quote,
“Welcome to the first week of the first-ever Bloggers' Block-a-palooza quilt-along! I appreciate all of the excitement and enthusiasm that everyone has expressed over this project, and I know you're anxious to get started. I think much of this fun of this quilt-along will be seeing all of the different variations. One more thing: we'll be posting 2 blocks per week -- one each Monday and one each Thursday.” end of quote.
It started January 24, 2011. The fabrics he’s using are Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. Sunkissed has bright fun and springy fabrics, and they feel like silk. I immediately fell in love with them. For my birthday Nicole gave a year’s subscription for Fat Quarterly online. I used the 20% off coupon and bought 22 yards from > http://www.fatquartershop.com/.<
Free shipping was for the States only, so I went to the border, 50 miles away, to pick up my parcel. When I opened the package I was extremely pleased. I want to thank Nicole for all the fabrics and for finding great quilt sites for me. My next trip to the border will be with Maria, we need to send out our mug rug swaps.




Sunkissed Fabrics by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. New Spring 2011.





My car, The snow was cleaned off by a kind gentleman in our building, thanks Ralph.

My neighbours cars.










My two Easter mug rugs partners are named Carol, one in FL, the other in CT. I couldn't find their blog so I'm hoping they don't see this. lol.




As you can see, I love the mauve rabbit.

2 comments:

  1. Betty I so love that fabric, mine still hasn't arrived....reminds me why I prefer to have things shipped to the border instead of my home. oh well I'm sure they'll find their way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty very cute mug rugs.. I am sure your partners will love them. Thanks for playing in the swap :)
    M

    ReplyDelete