Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

US Patriotic Fabrics.

The West Coast of the US has been Chris and Nicole's home for many years. Whenever I would visit them, they would take me to various fabric and quilt shops. My purchases would always consist of at least 3 or 4 yards of US patriotic fabrics. I assumed that someday they would come back home with all their patriotic fabric quilts I made for them. I'm sure everyone knows the old saying, "God laughs at those who make plans", they aren't coming back to Canada, they chose to become American citizens. I did make 2 patriotic quilts for Trenton. 911 and Arm Severices of America.


Trenton's " Arm Severices of America" quilt, he picked out the fabrics.










I used up some of the fabrics making tote bags for my daughter-in-law in Calgary, for myself and for a few friends who often travel to Duluth, Mn. My stash was far to large and I couldn't find anyone in Thunder Bay who might want it. Aunt Pitty Pat's blog mention having a July mug rug swap. That was all the inspiration I needed, I searched the internet for photos of the Twin Towers.
Talking to Al on the phone I mentioned that I was having a hard time trying to find a good photo of the Twin Towers pre 911, there were so many post 911. Not my idea of July 4th. He mentioned something about the capture of Bin Laden, he had no idea what I would do with that thought. I found the Wanted Dead or Live poster, so I made a placemat for Al. I thought of putting the word, dead or captured, across his face but decided Al could spill all the coffee he wanted on him. I used black and white fabric to make it look as if he was in jail. and the poster picture because it conjured up vision of the Old West.
I printed out three photos of the Twin Towers. I made placemats for Marcel and Nicole. The extra one I sent to Marcel with some patriotic fabrics. She can use them for her mug rug. I'm so happy my stash is smaller, I still have more.

I made one for Al, Chris and Stephen. Stephen was born in Texas, played football in the CFL, helping Calgary win the Grey Cup, and now lives here.

Al & Chris' Placemat.


Stephen's placemats.








Chris & Nicole's placemat.


Marcel's placemat.








I made another pair of pyjamas for Brayden, the last pair was a bit too small, he won't stop growing. It's very difficult to find flannel for a 12 year old boy, so I was hoping he would like what I bought, I LOVE CANADA. Here is what I sent to the Utah Maki's.



Brayden wearing his new pj.



Chris and Nicole got the parcel on Thursday, Al will be lucky if he gets his next week. Good old Canadian mail services.



I received an incredible email from Marcel. I'm blessed, I have the best quilt friends in the whole wide world.
I sent Laura Secord chocolates because they are made in Canada.

Betty Sweet Friend!!!
Wow the package came today.. and I am blown away at all the wonderful nice fabric and items you sent to me.. How did you know that I needed some Americana Fabrics.. and all of this fabric is just what I needed... your so sweet and kind to think of me and give me such a nice considerate gift... Thank you so very much Betty!!
I have to tell you I love the Twin Towers block and the place mat.. they almost made me weep... I can hardly wait to sit down and read the magazines that you sent.. I see they were published in Canada.. what fun!! The mug the chocolates the pen.. everything was so very sweet.. Thank you Thank you thank you!!!
You really spoiled me... I love it!!!
M

A little foot note, Vancouver Canucks play the Boston Bruins next Wednesday, for the Stanley Cup.
It's our game..... HOCKEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment