Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Donation Quilts.


If you never have, pick up a needle and thread and learn to sew a few stitches. It can be peace for the soul. Sometimes I go off wondering and worrying about stuff and cannot get it out of my mind. So to get rid of negative thoughs I sit at my sewing machine and try to creative a quilt someone will love. For me sewing is the best therapy.

I was given some fabrics to make donation quilts, and these are the two I made this month. I wanted the quilts to be fun, with plenty of colour that a small child would love. I chose the patterns, Snapshot and Disappearing 9 Patch. 

It has been a while since I’ve made a small quilt but that made it possible for me to use one of the fabrics for the backing without piecing.

I’m donating the quilts to The Faye Peterson House, a safe and supportive temporary shelter for batter women and their children. Sewing these two quilts brought me peace and joy, it silenced my mind.

          Thank you, my friend, for the fabrics.



Disappearing 9-patch,  front and back.

Snapshot, back and front.





       


2 comments:

  1. Two very lucky children will love those quilts! It's wonderful that you are making donation quilts-wherever they go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you today:) Hope all is well!!
    These quilts are Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete